The UC Davis Environmental and Climate Justice Hub provides a central place to coordinate and enhance research, teaching, and outreach activities that address environmental and climate change injustices – with a focus on building collaborations with Indigenous communities and Nations.
Our goal is to offer students unique experiential learning opportunities that encourage them to develop new skills and engage in meaningful scholarship.
Who We Are
The Hub is a dynamic group that identifies community-centered research needs and collectively develops best practices for diverse university-community partnerships.
Because participants in the Hub are grounded in principles of justice, diversity, equity and inclusion, we are able to foster new insights into how climate change is impacting communities whose narratives are often excluded or overlooked.
What We Do
The UC Davis Environmental and Climate Justice Hub enhances the capacity of those working on environmental and climate justice issues on campus by providing additional unique opportunities.
We focus on:
- Developing community-grounded, interdisciplinary research projects with diverse partners to address environmental and climate justice issues
- Raising UC Davis’ profile as a premier environmental and climate justice-focused campus for students and highlighting research efforts on climate-environmental and human-social systems
- Expanding students’ ability to apply their knowledge to address environmental and climate injustice
- Addressing Indigenous environmental justice issues and needs -- building specific partnerships and projects focused on Indigenous environmental justice
- Providing staff and financial resources to existing and emerging environmental and climate justice efforts
- Convening and coordinating environmental climate justice efforts on campus and beyond
The Hub recognizes and appreciates the extensive, existing environmental and climate justice work happening on campus at the Center for Regional Change, Institute for Transportation Studies, and elsewhere.
We are a productive partner committed to elevating, expanding, and bringing resources to existing efforts; facilitating connections with new partners across campus and beyond who are working to address environmental and climate injustice and equity; and centering Indigenous environmental justice issues and partnerships.
Beth Rose Middleton Manning
Director, Environmental and Climate Justice Hub; Associate Director, UC Davis Institute of the Environment
Deniss J. Martinez
Program Manager, Environmental and Climate Justice Hub